SATURDAY 09th FEBRUARY 2013
Thanks to the fabulous Victoria Watson for nominating me for the ‘Very Inspiring Blog Award’. Vic has has released a collection of her short stories ‘Letting Go’ and her short story ‘The Piano’. She is on a similar mission to myself to publish her work in progress ‘Fix Me Up’ before she is thirty. I worked with her on the ‘I Am Woman Anthology’ – the Second Anthology of short stories written by women to raise funds for
charities who help women both in the UK and across the world. Her blog is full of life and interesting features and I am honoured to have been nominated by her 🙂
So, here are the rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Right, seven things that you don’t already know, thinking cap has well and truly been screwed on.
- I attempted to learn to play the guitar when I was eleven but the pressure of playing in a school concert and my clumsy fingers and thumbs sharp had me pulling out of this phase.
- I have a fear of choking – so much so that I chew my food until it is mush before I swallow. I think this fear stems from a scene in Mrs Doubtfire where Pierce Brosnan nearly chokes on his prawn.
- I used to pronounce the sweets ‘Smarties’ as ‘Farties’ when I was little, much to my parents amusement.
- On a trip to Mexico a couple of years ago for my friends wedding, my husband pestered me to go snorkelling the day after the hen night at Coco Bongos. The choppy sea and the tequila that was still churning in my stomach promptly had me throwing up on the fish and the beautiful plant life…
- I once tried to boil a turnip. Whole. (this and similar stories make up a lot of my work in progress Chick Lit Novel Miss Pooshoe)
- One April fools day my dad changed all the clocks in the house a couple of hours ahead of what they were. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and when I checked my mobile for the time, it showed a different one to my alarm clock and the clock on my wall. So, thinking my mobile was wrong, I changed that to match all the clocks in the house! Pah! It was a very disoriented day that one..
- As a child, I once wrote on the hallway wall in lip balm and then blamed my sister. She got a good telling off for it too ooops. I eventually admitted it, only a fair few years down the line…
So, now I’ve let my dignity mask slip a little, here are some top blogs I follow that I nominate for this award (in no particular order):
- Michelle Betham: Michelle is a romance Author and a fellow Northerner. I love following her blog and her journey as she writes and publishes her steamy stories. Her current work in progress ‘Striker’ sounds her most sizzling one yet! She writes for the beach and her novels are perfect for lazing on that sun lounger with (as well as snuggling on your sofa with a cuppa.)
- A Mummys View: A very useful and insightful blog by a mum of two as we follow her journey on motherhood and the tips she shares along the way. I am not a mother myself but hope to be one day and for sure I will be bookmarking a lot of her posts. In the meantime, I am an Auntie so it has come in very handy.
- Kerry Ann Richardson:Kerry is a Crime Writer and has just finished her first draft of Book one, which she has put aside for a few weeks prior to editing as she gets stuck into writing Book Two. I have read some of her work and it certainly gets those shivers dancing down my spine – crime thrillers at their best!
My thanks again to Victoria Watson for the nomination.
Love Missuswolf xxx
- Very Inspiring Blog Award (elementaryvwatson.wordpress.com)